Technical Customer Support Engineer – Level 1
A Level 1 Support Engineer is a mediator for engineering and customers. They are the escalation point for customer reported technical issues. The L1 is responsible for making sure all customer issues are addressed in a timely and efficient matter.
WHAT PROBLEMS WILL YOU BE SOLVING?
- Perform complete, accurate, and timely entry of information into CRM for all cases worked on
- Consistently logged into Calabrio’s ACD while on shift or scheduled for calls
- Provide general product information, configuration support, collection of relevant technical problem identification information, and filter non-technical problems from technical problems
- Review manuals, release notes, and patch documentation for possible issue resolution
- Verification of compatibility matrix’s that are appropriate
- Provide customer with status updates and ongoing communication
- Provide technical assistance to all Calabrio customers for all products sold by Calabrio or Calabrio’s Reseller partners
- Act as On-Call Support or escalation contact in a rotation during evening and weekend hours
- Follow established escalation procedures
- Utilize remote secure access technologies such as VPN and WebEx to diagnose and resolve customer issues
- Employ methodical problem resolution techniques to remotely diagnose hardware and operation system end applications using diagnostic utilities
- Meet service level agreements set by the Support Manager or Director
- Occasional travel may be required to customer sites
WHAT SKILLS WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL?
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to manage difficult and stressful customer situations
- Must possess attention to detail and a sense of urgency
- Capable of simultaneously managing several tasks
- Other core competencies will be defined by your direct supervisor/manager
- IP Telephony experience beneficial
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR YOU TO APPLY?
- 1-3 years of technical customer service experience
- Experience with contact center technologies from leading IP telephony vendors such as Cisco, Avaya, or Nortel (i.e. agent desktop, IP-IVR, instant messaging, workforce management, call recording) preferred
- Two-year technical degree required four-year degree preferred
WHAT VALUES ARE IMPORTANT TO CALABRIO?
- Collaboration amongst teams
- Open communication across the company
- Customer Success!