AT A GLANCE:
PRODUCTS USED: Calabrio Teleopti WFM
Previous system of management of schedules through spread sheets was taking too long to create.
Automated schedule generation, saving several hours per week for each of our team leads.
Shopify Grows and Diversifies Customer Service with Calabrio Teleopti WFM
CASE STUDY: Shopify
The time had come for Shopify to ditch scheduling through spreadsheets and automate their process
Shopify is a complete commerce solution that allows you to set up a store to sell your goods online, in person, and through many other channels. It lets you organize your products, customize your storefront, accept credit card payments, track and respond to orders — all with a few clicks of the mouse. With over 600,000 stores, Shopify’s goal is to make commerce better for everyone.
- A primarily remote Support workforce, with agents all across the world.
- Previous system of management of schedules through spread sheets was taking too long to create. If a single person were to manage it, it would take four full weeks to create only three weeks of schedules.
- Vacation approval was slow and cumbersome. The Workforce Planning team would spend over 40 hours a week just processing vacation.
- Schedules were repetitive. Often times schedules would end up being copied from one week to the next to save time. This led to agents having less variety in their work than desired.
- Implemented Calabrio Teleopti Workforce Management system to meet our scheduling needs.
- Built new guidelines for scheduling, optimized for growth across regions and languages.
- Automated schedule generation, saving several hours per week for each of our team leads.
- Automated vacation processing, with all requests being handled by Teleopti, saving the Shopify Workforce Planning team over 40 hours per week.
- Gained insight into real-time volume, allowing for the Workforce Planning to make real-time changes to balance queues.
- Increased the complexity of our schedules, with many agents now able to be tasked with 5 or more different activities per day.
- Implemented different scheduling guidelines for different regions, allowing us to expand to new times and languages.
- Improved the ease of access to the agent’s schedule, with everything available to them in a user friendly interface online or through the mobile app.
- Improved ability to create scenarios, and to view different scheduling setups prior to them being published.