Escalation Support Engineer
An Escalation Support Engineer is a specialized resource and escalation point between Calabrio operations and software development. The Escalation Engineer will support critical customers and technical issues. This role will have front-and-center exposure to all technical issues, including numerous leading edge technologies, such as Cloud, Cisco and Avaya’s telephony systems, which will need to be analyzed for root cause and level of effort to resolve. Also, responsible for helping to identify and prioritize widespread Calabrio application issues, collaborate with the Product team and improve the overall customer experience.
WHAT PROBLEMS WILL YOU BE SOLVING?
- Prioritize, manage and own a detailed support/escalation plans for multiple accounts
- Provide critical incident response and proactive management of Calabrio escalations
- Create action plan based on information gathered during problem identification/isolation
- Perform/Enable a high level of debugging during isolation of problem to capture failure mode and analyze trace logs
- Facilitate root cause analysis of customer escalations and provide recommendations for future mitigation
- Employ methodical problem solving techniques to remotely diagnose hardware and software issues
- Work on unique and/or complex problems and provide innovative solutions
- Perform Lab recreation of reported problems
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to update documentation and processes to prevent recurring issues
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to analyze data trends to identify system wide issues
- Develop and implement feedback mechanisms to prevent future support and implementation process break downs
- Participate in special projects providing customer and product feedback with cross-functional teams to improve Calabrio products
- Act as on-call support or escalation contact in a rotation during evening and weekend hours
- Occasional travel may be required to customer sites
- Other core expectations will be defined by your direct supervisor/manager
- Provide support for deployment engineers during installation or upgrades
WHAT SKILLS WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL?
The successful candidate should demonstrate great accountability, customer focus, and autonomous integrity to do the right things for customers. Beyond troubleshooting complex technical problems and managing critical situations, the candidate should be passionate of driving bigger impacts, increasing customer value, improving diagnostic tools and/or driving product feedback.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- In depth knowledge of products and systems they integrate with
- Able to manage difficult and stressful customer situations
- Takes a self-directed leadership role in the support and resolution of technical issues
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, or MCSE certifications
- Other core competencies will be defined by your direct supervisor/manager
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR YOU TO APPLY?
- 1-3 years of customer service experience, and experience with contact center technologies from leading IP telephony vendors such as Cisco, Avaya, or Nortel (i.e. agent desktop, IP-IVR, instant messaging, workforce management, call recording)
- 3-5+ years of hardware and software experience with Windows technologies such as Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, Windows SQL Server 2012, Windows SQL Server 2014, and/or Windows SQL Server 2016.
- Four-year technical degree
- CCNA/CCNP/MCSE preferred
WHAT VALUES ARE IMPORTANT TO CALABRIO?
- Collaboration amongst teams
- Open communication across the company
- Customer Success!